Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dancing in the Street

Oh, iPod.  How I love thee.

Sarah's last post got me thinking about my running playlist and just how much I enjoy listening to music while I run.  It really is how I get my groove on, since frequent visits to the clubs is not really appropriate for my stage of life. :)  When I first started running, I remember googling sample playlists and song suggestions so that I could build up my repertoire.  I'm still changing it frequently, but I thought it would be fun to list my playlist for others like me who are looking for ideas and also just to have record of it years from now when my kids will know Pink only as a color.  I did a post a few months ago about some of my favorite praise and worship songs to run to, so this is my list of my current favorite booty-shakin' music.  *Disclaimer: It's typically all about the beat for me.  Sometimes I don't even know what half the lyrics mean, which is probably a good thing... :)

"Low" by Flo Rida (also known as "Apple Bottom Jeans".  Ooooooh yeah....)
"Club Can't Handle Me" by Flo Rida
"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz
"I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas
"On the Floor" by Jennifer Lopez
"Get Right" by Jennifer Lopez
"The Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga
"Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry
"California Girls" by Katy Perry
"Love Stoned" by Justin Timberlake
"4 Minutes" by Madonna
"Hung Up" by Madonna
"Getcha Hands Up" by Press Play
"NY2LA" by Press Play
"Get Me Bodied" by Beyonce
"Womanizer" by Britney Spears
"Disturbia" by Rihanna
"Don't Stop the Music" by Rihanna
"SOS" by Rihanna
"Pon de Replay" by Rihanna
"Just Fine" by Mary J. Blige
"Give it to Me" by Timbaland/Nelly Furtado
"Stronger" by Kanye West
"Raise Your Glass" by Pink
"So What" by Pink
"Mercy" by Duffy
"Somebody to Love" by Justin Bieber
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall
"Tik Tok" by Ke$ha

I also have a few totally random songs on my playlist, including some country choices ("Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland, "Up" by Shania Twain, "All-American Girl" by Carrie Underwood...) and a slew of Michael Buble songs (my favorite of his for running is "Baby, You've Got What it Takes." LOVE!).

Just listing these songs makes me start to do a little dance.  It might be will-power that gets me out the door to run, but it's turning on my music that actually makes me go.  I can't wait to see what songs get added with Sarah's upcoming Marathon weekend playlist!!!  The beat goes on!

Oh, and one last little side note:  10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!  Eeeeeeee!!!
-Christie

1 comment:

Kris said...

Totally know what you mean about music helping you GO! I miss my IPod my lovely cat chewed on my headphones and haven't replaced them yet :( Good luck you guys!! You'll do awesome :)